How We benefit You
The Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA) is a national association representing finance and mortgage loan writers throughout Australia. It was formed in the belief that the establishment of measurable standards of proper professional practice in sourcing domestic and commercial funding was in the best interests of its customers/ consumers and vital to the integrity and future well being of the finance/mortgage broking industry.
In the interests of members and their clients, the FBAA performs the following functions:
- Monitors legislation: and makes representations to Ministers and Members of Parliament both state and federal as appropriate.
- Code of Practice: adopted by industry professionals who offer domestic finance, commercial finance, lease and motor vehicle finance, business and debtor finance, as finance/mortgage brokers.
- Associated with training organisations: to provide programs to the industry and keep members up-to-date with changes to government legislation and regulations.
- Complaints and disciplinary procedures: designed to eliminate unacceptable working practices amongst its members, by providing an Internal Disputes Resolution Process (designed to meet Australian Standards). It also is a safeguard to both its Members and their clients/consumers against restrictive practices within the industry.
Entitlements to members include:
- Professional development days: members are encouraged to attend free professional development days that are held regular throughout the country.
- National Conference: members are invited to attend the largest industry conference of its kind in Australia for free.
- FBAA and industry news: members are regularly updated on industry and FBAA news and offers via a variety of digital mediums: o The Broker magazine – latest FBAA and industry news circulated on a quarterly basis to members and the industry o E-newsletter – fortnightly distribution with media, industry and event updates o FBAA Website – association and industry links, video updates, and podcasts o FBAA App – industry news and events communicated on a weekly basis o Video updates – industry news and events on a weekly basis
- Exclusive member offers & discounts: members have access to tools and resources that will assist with their day-to-day business operations: o Industry training o Professional indemnity insurance
- Access to business tools: members have access to a range of tools that will assist with the day-to-day management of their business: o Online financial calculators o Marketing templates o FBAA phone App
- Recognition as an FBAA member: members are part one of the industry’s largest association and will receive recognition and the opportunity to promote this partnership: o Receive a member certificate o Opportunity to utilise FBAA logo on all branding material