Associate Membership Full Requirements
Associate Membership Requirements
Please read the requirements listed below. For your convenience, download this checklist.
- Payment of the membership fee ($340.00) plus application fee ($110.00) being $450.00. Download the payment form.
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
- FBAA Compliance Fundamentals Training. Click here for details.
- National Police Check (must not be more than 2 months old). Order your Police Check here.
- Credit Report (must not be more than 1 month old). Order your Credit Report with CVCheck.
- Completed declaration form (No Notifiable Matters).
- Current professional resume.
- Confirmation of Mentoring Letter completed by the Mentor. Only required if you have LESS THAN 2 years’ experience. Download the Mentoring Confirmation. *Note: the Mentor must have relevant industry experience as approved by FBAA. *The period of mentoring will be equivalent to 2 years of experience and will continue until the Mentor is satisfied that the individual has gained sufficient industry experience.
- Evidence of nomination by a current approved FBAA Accredited Member or Corporate Member (your employer).
- Four professional referees. If you are unsure about this, please contact our membership department. *Please note that all referees are contacted by FBAA staff. As a courtesy, please advise your referees to expect a call.
- Driver’s licence or Australian passport.
- Current AFCA certificate.
- Current professional indemnity insurance (PI) Certificate of Currency.
- Authorised Credit Representative Number (CRN). *Note: If you are not dealing in consumer lending and won’t be registered with ASIC, please provide a signed declaration of such. Please also list the type of business you are conducting.
- ASIC Extract – only required if the applicant is a company or if the AFCA certificate or PI policy is in a company name.
Note: All applications are assessed on an individual basis. You may be requested to provide additional documentation to support your application. We will discuss this with you if required.
- Administration Fee (once off upon initial application and non-refundable) $110.00*
- Reactivation Fee (for reinstating a lapsed membership) $110.00
- FBAA Compliance Fundamentals Training $198.00 (Request coupon code)
- AML/CTF Refresher Course (required every two years) $49.50 (Request coupon code)
All fees are GST inclusive
* The Administration Fee is non-refundable and is for processing your application, irrespective of the outcome. If your application for membership is declined, the membership fee (not the administration fee) will be fully refunded.
In all other cases, membership and other fees, are not refundable once paid.