FBAA Accepted Mentors
Mentoring is a professional relationship where the mentor assists the mentee with the development of specific skills and knowledge for their professional and personal growth.
The FBAA’s Accepted Mentors Program endorses those individuals that meet the requirements and criteria for professional mentoring as set out by the FBAA below.
FBAA Accepted Mentor Requirements
To be endorsed as an FBAA Accepted Mentor, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of the FBAA who is a current loan writer with not less than 4 consecutive years of trouble-free lending/finance broking experience; OR
- Be a professionally qualified educator in lending/credit and have worked in the lending sector for not less than 4 years.
- Provide written proof of your suitability to act as a mentor in-line with the first 2 points above. In this case, the following supporting items must be provided:
- 4 written references that support your experience as a mentor
- your professional resume
- evidence of relevant professional membership/s
- Provide a confidential copy of your business model and an outline of your mentoring program (as per the criteria below). Details of all costs to the mentee and any other relevant supporting information should also be provided.
As an FBAA Accepted Mentor, your mentoring program must meet the following criteria at a minimum:
- Coach the mentee to manage issues and queries regarding business management, lending and finance broking
- Assist the mentee to meet ongoing educational requirements (Continuing Professional Development)
- Teach the mentee relevant lending and business skills
- Facilitate the mentee’s growth by sharing resources and networks
- Challenge the mentee to grow beyond their comfort zone
- Assist with ‘real-world’ scenarios and questions in the loan process
- Provide guidance to the mentee on aspects of compliance and risk including but not limited to AML/CTF, ‘know your customer’ and NCCP’s.
Contact frequency with your mentee must be not less than weekly but can be via various mediums including:
- Professional development days
Terms and Conditions
- All Accepted Mentors must be approved by the FBAA Board of Directors subject to meeting the FBAA Accepted Mentors criteria.
- The Board reserves the right to refuse to endorse an individual as an Accepted Mentor without showing cause.
- An FBAA Accepted Mentor gives consent for their details to be disclosed on the FBAA website.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with the relevant documents as outlined in the Requirements section of this document or call the national office on 07 3847 8119 with any questions.