Renew My Membership
How to Renew Membership
Each year on the anniversary of your FBAA join date, you will be emailed an invitation to renew your membership. So that you receive this notice, please advise us if your email address has been changed.
To complete your renewal and receive your new membership certificate, please provide the necessary renewal documents as outlined below.
Please note: By virtue of making payment of your membership fee, you declare that you do not have any current or pending criminal charges or convictions against you and that you do not have any credit defaults that have not been previously advised. You also declare that there is no current or pending bankruptcy against and that you do not hold a directorship of a company under external administration, receivership or involuntary liquidation.
- Payment of the membership fee (an invoice will be emailed to you 1 month before your due date). Click here to download a payment form.
- Current ACL certificate or ACR/CRN, whichever is relevant. If you have an ACR/CRN, please also provide details of the licence holder.
- Current professional indemnity insurance Certificate of Currency. If you do not have a current PI policy or are looking at other options, contact Insurance Advisernet Australia.
- Current External Dispute Resolution (EDR) certificate. The FBAA’s preferred scheme is Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS). Go to www.fos.org.au to apply. The Credit and Investments Ombudsman Ltd (CIO) is also acceptable.
- Completion of 25 hours continuing professional development (CPD) during the previous 12 months (your membership year). Click here to download a CPD form (Members’ Area login required).
- Please note: The CPD requirement applies to all members irrespective of the business activities of that member.
- Please note: In order to finalise your renewal, all documents as listed above must be received. Receipts for payment and renewal application forms will not be accepted.
Every 2 years
In addition to the requirements listed above, every 2 years, we also require:
- Completion of an FBAA approved AML/CTF refresher course – for details of the FBAA refresher program, click here.
Every 3 years
In addition to the documents required each year, every 3 years we also require:
- National Police Check – (must not be more than 1 month old). Click here to order your Police Check with Verify.
- Bankruptcy Search (must not be more than 1 month old). Click here to order your Bankruptcy Search with Verify.
It is important to note that if we do not receive payment of your membership fee and the required supporting documentation, within 21 days of the due date, your FBAA membership will be closed. Membership reinstatement will incur a $110.00 reactivation fee in addition to the membership fee.
Associate Members: Please note that Associate Membership is an FBAA industry entry point and is only for a period of 2 years. FBAA will automatically upgrade your membership to Accredited Member at the conclusion of the 2 year period.