Renew My Membership
How to Renew Membership
Each year on the anniversary of your FBAA join date, you will be emailed an invitation to renew your membership. So that you receive this notice, please advise us if your email address has been changed.
To complete your renewal and receive your new membership certificate, please provide the necessary renewal documents as outlined below.
You will be sent a link to your unique Document Portal where you can upload these documents when your renewal invitation is sent to you. This Portal can also be used to follow the progress of your renewal.
- Payment of the membership fee (an invoice will be emailed to you 1 month before your due date). Click here to download a payment form.
- Current ACL certificate or ACR/CRN, whichever is relevant. If you have an ACR/CRN, please also provide details of the licence holder.
- Declaration re No Notifiable Matters. Click here to download.
- Current professional indemnity insurance Certificate of Currency. If you do not have a current PI policy or are looking at other options, contact Insurance Advisernet Australia who have an exclusive policy for FBAA members.
- Current External Dispute Resolution (EDR) certificate. The FBAA’s preferred scheme is Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS). Go to fos.org.au to apply. The Credit and Investments Ombudsman Ltd (CIO) is also acceptable.
- Completion of 25 hours continuing professional development (CPD) during the previous 12 months (your membership year). Click here to download a CPD form (Members’ Area login required).
- Please note:The CPD requirement applies to all members irrespective of the business activities of that member.
- Please note:In order to finalise your renewal, all documents as listed above must be received. Receipts for payment and renewal application forms will not be accepted.
Every 2 years
In addition to the requirements listed above, every 2 years, we also require:
- Completion of an FBAA approved AML/CTF refresher course – for details of the FBAA refresher program, click here.
It is important to note that if we do not receive payment of your membership fee and the required supporting documentation, within 21 days of the due date, your FBAA membership will be closed. Membership reinstatement will incur a $110.00 reactivation fee in addition to the membership fee.
Associate Members: Please note that Associate Membership is an FBAA industry entry point and is only available for a period of 2 years. FBAA will automatically upgrade your membership to Accredited Member category at the conclusion of the 2-year period.
FBAA Membership Fee Update
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Due to the significant costs associated with servicing our rapidly growing membership, which include providing the professional support to you, increased interaction with Regulators and other Stakeholders, and the other vast benefits associated with being an FBAA member, we are reluctantly increasing our membership fees marginally on 1 December 2017. Note that this will be the FBAA’s first membership fee increase in 5 years. The FBAA will continue to expand our membership offerings to our members, as well as maintain existing benefits including ‘free’ Professional Development Days and National Conference, FBAA and industry news via our Broker Magazine and our other digital mediums. We will also continue to discounts with industry training and professional indemnity insurance, and other ‘tangibles’ that will have a positive impact of our members’ businesses.
Thank you for your consideration and understanding, and we look forward to your continued support.