Renew My Membership
How to Renew Membership
Each year on the anniversary of your FBAA join date, you will be emailed an invitation to renew your membership. This email will include your invoice for the renewal fee and a link to your document portal.
Renewal documents should be uploaded via the document portal. You can also track the progress of your renewal in your portal.
To complete your renewal and receive your new membership certificate:
- Payment of the membership fee.
- Confirmation of current ASIC registration status. Search the ASIC Professional Register to confirm your status.
- Completed declaration form (No Notifiable Matters).
- Current professional indemnity insurance Certificate of Currency. Review the exclusive FBAA policy.
- Current AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority) certificate.
- Completion of 25 hours continuing professional development (CPD) during the previous 12 months (your membership year). Download a CPD form (Members’ Area login required) or use the AAMC CPD Tracker.
Every 2 years
Every 2 years, in addition to the requirements listed above, we also require:
- Completion of an FBAA approved AML/CTF refresher course.
- It is important to note that if we do not receive payment of your membership fee and the required supporting documentation, within 21 days of the due date, your FBAA membership will be closed. Membership reinstatement will incur a $110.00 reactivation fee in addition to the membership fee.
- Associate Members: Please note that Associate Membership is an FBAA industry entry point and is only available for a period of 2 years. FBAA will automatically upgrade your membership to Accredited Member category at the conclusion of the 2 year period.
- Each membership renewal is reviewed individually by an FBAA Membership Officer. In some circumstances, the Membership Officer may request additional supporting documentation to complete your renewal. If this is required, the Membership Officer will contact you directly.