Renew My Membership
How to Renew Membership
Each year on the anniversary of your FBAA join date, you will be emailed an invitation to renew your membership. This email will include your invoice for the renewal fee and a link to your document portal.
Renewal documents should be uploaded via the document portal. You can also track the progress of your renewal in your portal.
To complete your renewal and receive your new membership certificate:
- Online application CLICK HERE. Approval in less than 60 seconds*
- Confirmation of current ASIC registration status. Search the ASIC Professional Register to confirm your status.
- Current professional indemnity insurance Certificate of Currency. Review the exclusive FBAA policy.
- Current AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority) certificate.
- Completion of 25 hours continuing professional development (CPD) during the previous 12 months (your membership year). Download a CPD form (Members’ Area login required) or use the AAMC CPD Tracker.
Every 2 years
Every 2 years, in addition to the requirements listed above, we also require:
- Completion of an FBAA approved AML/CTF refresher course.
- It is important to note that if we do not receive payment of your membership fee and the required supporting documentation, within 21 days of the due date, your FBAA membership will be closed. Membership reinstatement will incur a $110.00 reactivation fee in addition to the membership fee.
- Associate Members: Please note that Associate Membership is an FBAA industry entry point and is only available for a period of 2 years. FBAA will automatically upgrade your membership to Accredited Member category at the conclusion of the 2 year period.
- Approval in less than 60 seconds* By submitting this originating or renewing membership application (both being individual defined as an “Application”), you agree and understand each of the following:
- The contents of the Application (including all uploaded documents) are true and correct.
- You will provide any further requested documents that has not already been uploaded or information within the required period specified.
- The FBAA may contact external parties (such as police services, ASIC, aggregators, lenders, other brokers, insurers or business development managers) to corroborate the contents of this Application.
- The cost of the Application consists of a membership fee and an administration fee. If the Application is declined, only the membership fee will be refunded.
- This Application includes information regarding other individuals (such as my referees and any referrers). The FBAA will collect this information in order to contact them for the purpose of considering your Application. You have obtained the consent (and can provide such consent to the FBAA on request) of each of the individuals identified in this Application and understand that the FBAA is processing my application on the basis that you have these consents.
- Any membership provided is subject to you providing any further documents required and the outcome of FBAA auditing of application (which may include requests for further information). The FBAA is established for purposes including supporting, protecting and advancing the character, status and interests of the Finance Broking profession. In the event that you provide false, erroneous or misleading information, the directors of the FBAA may resolve that you are not suitable for membership because providing false, erroneous or misleading information is contrary to this purpose. In this event, the FBAA may cancel your membership and will contact external parties to notify them that your membership has been cancelled.