More pages in this section
Why choose FBAA?
The Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA) is the nation’s leading broker association for finance and mortgage professionals. We represent, educate and support more than 8500 brokers across the country.
We monitor legislation and make representation to industry regulators, federal government departments, and state and federal Members of Parliament. We do this on behalf of broker interests. Our team is highly active in this space, which is why our membership network continues to grow and Australian brokers have made us their finance association of choice.
What we do
FBAA exists in the interests of our members and their clients. Our core functions are to:
- Monitor legislation and make representations to Ministers and Members of Parliament both state and federal levels as appropriate.
- Develop and uphold the Code of Practice as adopted by industry professionals who offer consumer finance, commercial finance, lease and motor vehicle finance, business and debtor finance, as finance/mortgage brokers.
- Provide training programs to the industry via a registered training organisation (RTO) and keep members up-to-date with changes to government legislation and regulations.
- Manage complaints and disciplinary procedures which are designed to eliminate unacceptable working practices amongst members, by providing a Disciplinary Tribunal approved by the ACCC.
There are many reasons to join Australia's leading broker association as an FBAA member, including:
- Your Voice represented to industry regulators, politicians and decision makers, by a registered government lobbyist with vast finance and industry experience.
- The FBAA represents all professionals in the finance broking industry — commercial, personal, chattels, vendor finance, motor vehicle finance and home loan brokers.
- The FBAA is not influenced by banks or other organisations with their own agendas.
- Get direct access to FBAA Councillors, State Presidents and our Board of Directors.
- Our various membership options are designed to suit brokers, companies and industry professionals of all levels and involvement in broking.
- Stable Board and leadership for this association which has been representing finance and mortgage brokers since 1992.
FBAA membership is suited to brokers at every stage of their career, with a variety of membership options available