More pages in this section
Terms & Conditions
This document sets out the terms and conditions on which Finance Brokers Association of Australia Limited ABN 22 094 784 040 (FBAA) make available the site https://www.fbaa.com.au/ (Site).
In these Terms and Conditions "you" refers to a user of the Site and any related services.
We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the amended terms on the Site. These Terms and Conditions may not be otherwise amended.
Access to this Site is conditional on your acceptance, without alteration, of these Terms and Conditions.
The material on this web site is only to provide you with general information. It does not constitute legal or other advice and your use of the material on this web site does not give rise to any obligation on behalf of the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA) or any author of any material on the web site.
The information, materials and resources contained within this Site are provided for general informational purposes only and within the context of providing our services. We provide no guarantee or warranty as to the suitability or accuracy of any information contained in this Site. Furthermore, the information provided on this Site does not constitute legal advice.
References and links to other websites, businesses or persons are provided solely for informational purposes. We accept no responsibility for any content appearing on other websites and makes no warranty of the suitability or accuracy of information on those sites. The fact that a link to such a webpage may be included on the Site does not mean that FBAA, in any way, endorses, promotes or are associated or affiliated with that site or any of that site’s content.
We have and retain copyright in all works contained in this Site. We licence you to reproduce those works only if:
- the reproduction is for private or non-commercial purposes; and
- you ensure that the works are clearly attributed to FBAA.
Limitation of Liability
We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted, or secure access to the Site and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control.
Except as provided by law, we provide the Site ‘as is’ and without any warranty or condition, express or implied. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we specifically disclaim the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
We will not be liable for any lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with this.
Memberships Terms and Conditions
In order to obtain/hold membership with the FBAA, either originating or renewing membership (both being individually defined as an “Application”), you agree and understand the following documents are to be provided by yourself for FBAA membership:
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40815) or equivalent to current Finance Industry standard.
- FBAA Compliance Fundamentals Training
- FBAA Compliance Fundamentals Booster Training*
- Financial Abuse Awareness Education Banking Code of Practice
- National Police Check
- Credit Report including Bankruptcy Report
- Current Professional Working Resume
- Two forms of identification with one being Australian Government
- External Dispute Resolution - AFCA Certificate
- Current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Australian Credit License (ACL) *
- Authorised Credit Representative Number (CRN)*
- Letter of Employment*
- Confirmation of Mentoring Letter completed by the Mentor & Mentee*
- Mentor Current Membership Certificate*
- Mentor Current professional resume*
- Completion of Mentoring Letter*
- Change of Mentor form*
- 4 x Professional References
- ASIC Company Extract*
- AML/CTF Refresher
- 25 Hours Continuing Professional Development Hours*
*These documents are dependent on the Membership Category, and will need to be provided where applicable.
In the event that you provide false, erroneous or misleading information, the directors of the FBAA may resolve that you are not suitable for membership because providing false, erroneous or misleading information is contrary to this purpose. In this event, the FBAA may cancel your membership and will contact external parties to notify them that your membership has been cancelled.